General Knowledge Quiz Questions
1) What brand of chocolates was named after a legendary naked lady who rode on a horse?
2) What word can mean both 'to fool' or a young goat?
3) Name the song and band from these lyrics - "Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be, There's a shadow hanging over me"
4) What paper is used to test acid and alkali?
5) In which 1997 movie does Nicolas Cage play paroled criminal Cameron Poe?
6) Maria Shriver is the ex-wife of which Hollywood celebrity and businessman? (Optional hint - was also was a politician)
7) On what continent does the surreal and vibrant city Jerusalem sit?
8) What nuts are used to make marzipan?
9) "The Salmon Dance" is a song by which English electronic music duo?
10) Which TV series lost a legal battle in 2010 to halt publication of an autobiography revealing The Stig's identity?
11) In which country was the quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" first aired? (optional multiple choice - USA, Germany, UK or Canada?)
12) Pervez Musharraf, the former President of which country was recently sentenced to death for high treason for violation of the constitution?
1) Lady Godiva 2) Kid 3) The Beatles – Yesterday 4) Litmus paper 5) Con Air 6) Arnold Schwarzenegger 7) Asia 8) Almonds 9) The Chemical Brothers 10) Top Gear 11) UK 12) Pakistani